My research program uses large-scale linked health data to drive best practice health care and reduce the burden of cancer.
My vision is to use integrated health 'big data' to develop transformational interventions that prevent cancer and the avoidable consequences of cancer, and reduce unwarranted variation in health care for people with cancer. I have a strong focus on outcomes that impact public health policy and clinical practice, in particular for high-risk and under-served population groups. I apply population health science methods to inform precision medicine across the cancer control continuum of cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care, to reduce the burden of care on individuals and on the health system. I also promote policy that supports good practice in the access to and use of real-world data for research.
For the latest comprehensive list of my publications, please click here:
Professional Activities, a selection:
- Steering Committee Member, Brain Cancer Biobanking Australia
- Member, Commonwealth Therapeutic Goods Administration Expert Advisory Panel for Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Associate Editor, Cancer Epidemiology
- Editorial Board, Leukaemia and Lymphoma
- Member, International Lymphoma Epidemiology Consortium (InterLymph)
- Member, AIHW Cancer Monitoring Advisory Group
- Member, ARC Medical Research Advisory Group
- Lead, Data Portfolio and Member, CRE Medicines Intelligence Steering Committee
- Deputy Chair, NSW Population and Health Services Research Ethics Committee
- National Health & Medical Research Council
- Medical Research Future Fund
- World Cancer Research Fund